|Casting Time||1 minute|
|Components||V S M (Mercury, phosphorus, 1000gp powdered diamond and opal; consumed)|
You inscribe a glyph either upon a surface or within an object that can be closed to hide it. It can cover an area no larger than 10 feet in diameter. If the surface or object is moved more than 10 feet from where you cast the spell, it ends without being triggered. You decide what triggers the glyph when you cast the spell. Once the glyph is triggered, this spell ends.
You can further refine the trigger so the spell activates only under certain circumstances or according to physical characteristics, creature kind, or alignment. You can also set conditions for creatures that don't trigger the glyph.
The glyph is nearly invisible and requires a successful Investigation check to be found.
When you inscribe the glyph, choose one of the options below. Once triggered, the glyph glows a 60-foot-radius dim light sphere for 10 minutes, after which the spell ends. Each creature in the sphere when the glyph activates, and any creature that enters the sphere or ends its turn there, is affected.
- Death: Each target must make a Constitution save, taking 10d10 necrotic damage on a failed save, or half on a success.
- Discord: Each target must make a Constitution save. On a failed save, a target is incapable of meaningful communication and has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks for 1 minute.
- Fear: Each target must pass a Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. While frightened, the target drops whatever it's holding and moves at least 30 feet away from the glyph on each of its turns.
- Hopelessness: Each target must make a Charisma save. On a failed save, the target can't attack or target any creature with harmful abilities, spells, or other magical effects for 1 minute.
- Insanity: Each target must make an Intelligence save. On a failed save, the target can't take actions, can't understand what others say, can't read, speaks gibberish, and has erratic movement for 1 minute.
- Pain: Each target must pass a Constitution save or incapacitated for 1 minute.
- Sleep: Each target must pass a Wisdom saving throw or fall unconscious for 10 minutes. A creature awakens if it takes damage or if someone uses an action to wake it up.
- Stunning: Each target must pass a Wisdom saving throw or become stunned for 1 minute.